Workflow Not Firing

I have a workflow rule based on a condition set to fire when any change is made to my primary table. When I test the rule it correctly analyzes the data in the table. The test send also correctly triggers the action to send the webhook to slack. When I change the data in the table from the app directly, the workflow does not fire. It does not even show up as triggering in the audit history. Any idea why this would be? The action and change in data to the table is occurring through an Action.

0 4 767
4 REPLIES 4

Soโ€ฆ are you triggering the Workflow from the same table where you change the value with an action?

Hey Aleksi,
The action occurs on another tab in the sheet and the workflow is set to fire based on the value changing in a cell that has a formula performing a calculation in a cell on another tab. Does it need to fire based off the change itself? Will it not work with the formula change?

The reason I have it firing on the primary tab is that there are two conditions it is firing on. The first is the inventory dropping bellow a set vale and the second is the category of the product equalling a specific value.

If your using a template, its probqably an error in that. Try removing some or all of it and see if that makes it trigger

Simon@1minManager.com

The workflow rule is only triggered by an Add, Update, or Delete to a row in a table. A workflow rule is not triggered when a formula changes in some other table even if that formula references the Added, Updated, or Deleted row in another table.

When you create a workflow rule, you can specify a โ€œConditionโ€ that is evaluated when the rule is triggered. That workflow ruleโ€™s actions are only performed if the workflow ruleโ€™s โ€œConditionโ€ evaluates to โ€œtrueโ€. That โ€œConditionโ€ expression can be arbitrarily complex. For example, it could include an โ€œAndโ€ expression that checks both the inventory level and the product category.

Top Labels in this Space