Workflow Using Two Child Tables?

Mel
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Howdy!

The app Iโ€™m designing has a master table (โ€œDetailsโ€) and four child tables (โ€œContactsโ€, โ€œCommunicationsโ€, โ€œHearingsโ€, and โ€œEnforcementsโ€). For every detail record, there could be multiple child records in each of these tables. The primary key for Details is called โ€œComplaintIDโ€ and appears in all of the child tables.

Iโ€™m trying to create a workflow that uses data from the Contacts and Communications tables to generate an email attachment and mail it to a static recipient. The workflow begins when the user adds a row to the Communications table. Essentially, the first two fields in the attachment template use data from Communications and then thereโ€™s a start expression that pulls data from Contacts to fill in a table in the middle of the attachment.
Hereโ€™s a visual:

When I attempt to test this in the Appsheet environment, I get errors that Appsheet cannot find the in the Contacts table.

So my question is this: How do I manage to get the data from two indirectly related tables into one email attachment?

Please let me know if you need more explanation or graphics.

Solved Solved
0 2 263
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Remove [ContactKey]. from the following:
2X_e_e988cd1d0b5919f1861ab922bc30ecff230c341a.png

See also Sending Email Only After Adding a Parent Record and All of Its Children here:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Remove [ContactKey]. from the following:
2X_e_e988cd1d0b5919f1861ab922bc30ecff230c341a.png

See also Sending Email Only After Adding a Parent Record and All of Its Children here:

Mel
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Thank you, Steve! This worked very well! You rock!

Top Labels in this Space