Workflow not working for a using a lookup function

Hi Appsheet Dev Team,

Iโ€™ve created this workflow but it seems not working on a variable list of USEREMAILS().

Sending the screenshot below as well.

Thank you and hoping for a quick response.

0 6 236
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Do you get the results you expect when you use the Test button?

3X_5_3_539daab3259ff145acb4caec6f162651ce5418bb.png

Hi steve. The test yield a true return but my problem is, i want the workflow to be activated only if a column is updated with the desired value and only the user i specified updates the column.

Also, i have multiple workflow on a single row, so whenever there is an update on one column, it keeps sending emails for other workflows that were activated already. How do i prevent sending repeated emails?

Is that expected, or not?

Thatโ€™s not what your expression tests. To check if the column values has changed, youโ€™ll need to use _THISROW_BEFORE and _THISROW_AFTER:

Youโ€™ll need to find some way to indicate the emailโ€™s already been sent, then respond to that indicator.

Expected, but it still sends an email even if the active user is not what I specified in the workflow.

Hope you can share an expression for my desired outcome. [quote=โ€œSteve, post:4, topic:30629โ€]
Youโ€™ll need to find some way to indicate the emailโ€™s already been sent, then respond to that indicator.
[/quote]

Iโ€™m really having hard time figuring this outโ€ฆ Maybe you can share a sample expression as well for thisโ€ฆ

Thanks a lot steve

Try this:

AND(
  ("Complete" = [_THISROW_AFTER].[WBS_Status]),
  ("Complete" <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[WBS_Status]),
  ("Budget Owner" = LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), "Glee Users", "User Email", "User Role"))
)

[_THISROW_AFTER].[WBS_Status] refers to the value of the WBS_Status column after the change that triggered the workflow.

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[WBS_Status] refers to the value of the WBS_Status column before the change that triggered the workflow.

Those two subexpressions effectively ask, โ€œdid WBS_Status change from something other than Complete to Complete in this change?โ€

Wow that works!!! thank you for saving me with additional stress!

Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space