Workflow- "To" to specific email

Hi!

Im working on an app that create report after a client visit.
Once the report is done, a workflow is supposed to send an email to the client for a review of the visit.

I am looking to find a way to write the email adress on the โ€œTOโ€, i tried Report[Email] to take the email from my data sheet but is not working.

Please help me!

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 19 785
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Plantenance_Landscap
As you can see from my previous post, the second part of the expression is a Y/N criteria to filter/drill down the selection set. Therefore, your SELECT statement can be like this for example:

SELECT(Client List[Email],[ColumnA]=[_THISROW].[ColumnA])

This expression will filter away all the [Email] column data, where [ColumnA] value is equal to the value in the current row when the workflow was triggered.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Plantenance_Landscap What happens when you do a manual test by clicking on the โ€œTestโ€ button ?

Hi!
it saying it is a Success, and i CC myself to check and there is nothing written on the "To
"

1X_92fa28e21db0143e03ad7b9ed218423432c86463.jpeg

@Plantenance_Landscap
You can try with using:

CONCATENATE(SELECT(Report[Email],TRUE,TRUE))

Hi @LeventK

Thank you for your fast reply, but no i still have an empty To

@Plantenance_Landscap
Can you confirm that you have initiated the expression switch to ON in the workflow rule?

@LeventK
Yes its Switch to ON
1X_a3e17cfb37f841afdad8a5c374d740bbece598f7.png

@Plantenance_Landscap
Verify your [Email] column is EMAIL type and it contains data as well. Can you give us a screenshot if possible? Hard to guess whereโ€™s the problem actually.

Yes it is Email type, the email are linked from another data sheet

1X_e2f7e5ba9fef1030ee787d958184fa64efa70fc8.png

@Plantenance_Landscap
You REPORTS: EMAIL column seems to be hidden (as Show? is set to OFF). That might be the cause OR Client List table [Email] column can be the root of the problem.

Oh you are right, the email data didnโ€™t follow from the ClientList to the Report, in the Report the email data is empty!

@LeventK

I put the email Show to ON, but it still blank.

@Plantenance_Landscap
Then the problem possibly lies on the Client List table [Email] column as your Reports table [Email] column reads the values from there. Check and verify that.

To be sure, if i want the email from my Client list on my Report table, i should write Client List[Email] right?

@Plantenance_Landscap
Correct, but that expression might contain dups, beware. I generally use SELECT(TableName[ColumnNAme],{Y/N Criteria}) as an expression in this kinda situations.

Omg itโ€™s working!! Thank you so much!

Youโ€™re welcome @Plantenance_Landscap, truly my pleasure to be helped of.

@LeventK

I dont why, now it writes all the email column, it do not pick the one associated to the client

@Plantenance_Landscap
As you can see from my previous post, the second part of the expression is a Y/N criteria to filter/drill down the selection set. Therefore, your SELECT statement can be like this for example:

SELECT(Client List[Email],[ColumnA]=[_THISROW].[ColumnA])

This expression will filter away all the [Email] column data, where [ColumnA] value is equal to the value in the current row when the workflow was triggered.

Top Labels in this Space