Workflows didnt auto send

Hi, I have the following issue in the workflows of my app.
As context I defined the value of a variable as the triggering action to send a pdf report to an email.
As you can see in the attached images even though the condition is true, the report is not sended, I have to force the action in the aforementioned worflow in order to receive it in my email. I have already checked the audit log and there are not no evident errors.
What could I be missing?

Thank you in advance!

2X_1_160038c5ccbb245c1aafd2d706db889a50ee2972.jpeg

0 13 549
13 REPLIES 13

Have you deployed the app?

Yes, is already deployed.

So 2 possiblilites

If the table has multiple rows and [Status]=1 on any other row then the workflow wonโ€™t run

Also it looks like you it set to updates_only. So its only if [Status] changes to 1 will it trigger

Simon@1minManager.com

@1minManager May I ask why do you think it wonโ€™t send the email if it has multiple rows? When the option โ€œUpdate eventโ€ is set to Updates_Only, it should send the email every time when you update the record if the Status=1โ€ฆ it doesnโ€™t matter what column you are updating.

Hi @Aleksi

So Iโ€™ve had it a few times where, say a table have 100 rows, Row 1 has already got [Status]=1. An action sequence then runs to write 1 to [Status] on row 100 then clears it. In my experience the workflow will not trigger.

No not necessarily. Iโ€™m just saying that Iโ€™ve had workflows that donโ€™t trigger if the data in the column that changes matches data from the same column but in a different row.

So normally in my tables I have a column called [REPORT]. Specifically so I can write something in there to trigger an emailed PDF. So Iโ€™ve definately had it where a workflow sequenece would write โ€œSend Reportโ€ then clear it in the [Report] column. Yet the email was never sent despite being set to CHANGE with the trigger of [Report]=โ€œSend Reportโ€. When I check the table there were always at least one and sometimes multiple rows where [Report]=โ€œSend Reportโ€. Clearing them all fixed the issue.

Is this a bug then

@1minManager So you are asuming that @Ignacio_Engelberger has an action button that set the Status field with the number 1?

I have never tried exactly in that way. I normally write that value like USEREMAIL()&"_"&NOW() so I can read the person who made it and when. Because of NOW() I donโ€™t need to clear that value later.

@Aleksi thats an interesting way to do it. I might use that someday

I do it that way because sometimes I have multiple different reports that can run on one table. So different text can trigger different reports.

For that purpose you could write โ€œPurposeA_โ€&USEREMAIL()&"_"&NOW() with the action button

Sorry for the delay, but I have been trying to solve the issue. I removed the condition, so it must be activated with โ€œupdates onlyโ€, but even then, when I edit the rows it is not sent automatically either, it is only sent when forced to send manually. Can you elaborate more in how place a button to force the sending please.

Then the reason is somewhere else. Have you checked the reason from the Audit history details?

I have been trying to see the details of the workflow in the audit log, but for some reason it is not loading, I will try later to see if works then.

Top Labels in this Space