Writing NFC

Hello team,
I wonder if would AppSheet be able to write a tag NFC? Iโ€™m thinking about projects where people need to configure tag and place them on some space/objects. Iโ€™d be useful to use the same App on both, to configure tags and read them as an inventory app.
Thanks

0 4 1,200
4 REPLIES 4

Not an expert, but my logic says that even if the Appsheet Team enable the software side to write a value to a NFC Tag or if you call a REST API to do it, that you would need Hardware to do the writing.

Yes thatโ€™s true, you can only read data, not write with an app. Good app for doing that is for example NFC Tools (Android).

When itโ€™s possible to write with another app like nfc tools then surely this can be achieved in appsheet.
This feature has been discussed before, a year or soโ€ฆ
Currently Iโ€™m stock because thereโ€™s no simple way for the user to write random keys generated in appsheet to nfc tag, tracking assets. I have multiple items with same name, so unique idโ€™s to identify

@Jes_Larsen,
You could write some unique values to the tags (doesnโ€™t have to be a UNIQUEID() like value, as long as you manage to keep them unique).
Then whenever adding a new record to your app, scan the NFC tag instead of using an initial value.

Top Labels in this Space