Writing NFC

Hello team,
I wonder if would AppSheet be able to write a tag NFC? I’m thinking about projects where people need to configure tag and place them on some space/objects. I’d be useful to use the same App on both, to configure tags and read them as an inventory app.
Thanks

0 4 1,182
4 REPLIES 4

Not an expert, but my logic says that even if the Appsheet Team enable the software side to write a value to a NFC Tag or if you call a REST API to do it, that you would need Hardware to do the writing.

Yes that’s true, you can only read data, not write with an app. Good app for doing that is for example NFC Tools (Android).

When it’s possible to write with another app like nfc tools then surely this can be achieved in appsheet.
This feature has been discussed before, a year or so…
Currently I’m stock because there’s no simple way for the user to write random keys generated in appsheet to nfc tag, tracking assets. I have multiple items with same name, so unique id’s to identify

@Jes_Larsen,
You could write some unique values to the tags (doesn’t have to be a UNIQUEID() like value, as long as you manage to keep them unique).
Then whenever adding a new record to your app, scan the NFC tag instead of using an initial value.

Top Labels in this Space