Yellow warning sign showing but no error appears

Hi, Iโ€™m creating an inventory app and one of the columns listed for each product shows a history of how many items were previously used, with a timestamp. Functionality wise everything is working fine but I am getting a yellow warning sign next to the product code, and I am wondering why? This warning sign can be seen in the image posted. Thanks

(If it helps, I am using this current format: https://blog.appsheet.com/how-to-turn-google-sheets-into-a-stock-management-app)

0 15 1,650
15 REPLIES 15

The yellow triangle means that the reference is broken for some reason. For example in this case your the key value is missing from โ€œbarcodeโ€ parent table and the child canโ€™t find it.

Thank you for your reply, I have now sorted the problem. However I am now having another problem, which seems like it could be a bug. I have what is essentially a duplicate virtual column, and I keep trying to delete it, but it keeps coming back after saving changes?

It is the last column that is shown in the image.

It sounds that you have two REFROWS virtual columns for the same child table. Instead of deleting the column #25, try to delete the column #23.

That seems to have worked, thank you! I have one final question now, the topic now being taking items from stock. I have the item barcodes as โ€œscannableโ€, however I have many items that have several barcodes inside the barcode column, in the form of: 123456, 234567, JA1234 etc. I have not yet tried this but would it be possible to have AppSheets recognize that there are several codes in the column and that it can identify any of them? Is it simply a question of checking the barcode column as a list instead of my current type (text)?

When you make a search with the app, your app is doing that with a string search and then it doesnโ€™t matter if you have more than one โ€œcodeโ€ in one field.

Is there a certain format that the codes have to be in? It does not currently work in the format I mentioned previously, with a comma and space between every code.

The barcode I am scanning is L107, and the app does find the single L107 code but not the row with L107, JAG1013, 1081023

Please be aware this is when I am scanning a barcode with my phone camera, not simply searching a code

If the search string is exactly โ€œL107โ€ and you have marked the Barcode field as searchable, it should find it.

You can easily test this if you type it manually like โ€œL107โ€

Typing in L107 does recognize the row of L107, JAG1013, 1081023 (which is fine) but Iโ€™d like the barcode scanner to be able to scan one of these codes and link it to this row. Currently the barcode scanner is telling me that no known entries were found, but if I type in L107 for example, it will find this item regardless of the amount of codes in the barcode column

Have you checked that the scanner is reading exactly like L107?

When I have the row with the code as ONLY L107, the scanner finds it straight away and it reads exactly as L107. But it does not identify the row with L107 + other codes (as shown in the spreadsheet picture)

What is your account ID and app name if I try it?

I will have to let you in tomorrow, when I can provide the barcode for the product and you can have a go at scanning

Okay

Top Labels in this Space