Yes/No - Bot Condition

Hi There,

I want to set up an automation where the users can choose to enable it. I've created a view with a Yes/No column type and this works - returning the value True 

(automation[email a client on set up] - yes/no

Within the Bots Setting, under condition, it prompts for 'Condition for event A new client record is created (yes/no).

I keep getting this error: Cannot compare Text with List in ("Yes" = Automation[Email a client on set up])

I know that I'm using a Yes/No column type, but it seems that the condition isn't looking for that, it's looking for a list??

Please help with my confusion.

Many thanks

G

Solved Solved
0 4 249
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, please see the accompanying instruction in the data change bot panel.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1679674068816.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In general you could simply try 

[Email a client on set up]

in the condition. This will be syntactically correct presuming [Email a client on set up] is a Y/N column type. However its correctness for you app logic will depend on other configuration of the app. 

Automation[Email a client on set up]  will return a list and hence the error in the bot condition.

it seems that it wants the condition to be in the same table as the action

e.g. the action is to send an email once a new client is set up (Client Set Up) and I've created another table (automation) and this is where the Yes/No value is. 

So when I simple use [email a client on set up] I get this error Unable to find column 'email a client on set up'

Do I need to have the condition within the Bot Settings Table ?

Yes, please see the accompanying instruction in the data change bot panel.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1679674068816.png

Thanks for this.  I've got it working now, I need to have the yes/no in the same table.

Top Labels in this Space