count the number of rows in a filtered table (filtered by appsheet in search function)

Hi appsheet community,

I am looking for a way to count the number of rows in a filtered table.

In each table view you can set a filter via the search function (see picture below).

Now, in the display name of the table I would like to show the number of rows in the table. But this number would also adapt to the filter that is set.

Is this possible?

And with which formula?

Thx,

Bram

Diogenes_0-1647255548338.png

0 11 685
11 REPLIES 11

Nope.

Your best bet is the count that it's on the group

Hi bro, I am looking for this too, do you success to sort it out?

I would LOVE to have this on my app. How do we do it?

Use a Group by column in blank or maybe saying "all" or similar that's shared for all rows.

Then, use this as the first group by header.

This would update with all rows' count

Hello! I am beyond grateful for your reply. I apologize, though, I'm pretty clueless about what you're talking about. Any chance I could get a bit more step-by-step help, or is that too difficult without knowing my app?

Add a virtual column whose column type can be Text and just type something like "Filtered total" or similar in the App Formula. This will make all fields share the same group by header, hence giving you a way to count all items in the current view.
This is not an standard solution but it's the only one I can think of

Sounds good so far! I've got that in the App Formula. How do I make that total show up somewhere?

I can't thank you enough for your help (and your patience with me!) I don't think that's what I need, but I'm not sure.

My app is a database with records about different students (names are blacked out). At the top is the search function (circled in yellow).

Screenshot 2023-09-28 200315.png

Using the search button, we can search by one or more filters.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 202837.png

My app has a total of 42 filters - here are the first 11 to show you what I mean.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 200805.png

Sometimes our staff needs to search by just one filter and sometimes they need to search by multiple. Here's me picking 1 filter.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 201906.png

But maybe the next day, I need to pick different ones. Screenshot 2023-09-28 201443.png 

There are just endless possibilities. How can I show how many records the search found, no matter which filters are chosen?

I really hope I'm making sense. Thanks in advance for any help!

As @SkrOYC wrote, the grouping is the only option as you can't use any app formula to calculate it as the filtering is happening on the view. He meaned something like this. And the virtual column name is [Group] with a app formula as "Total Qty".

AleksiAlkio_0-1695967479282.png

Again, a HUGE thank you to everyone for your help. I do have the total number of students displayed on the app (circled in yellow).

Screenshot 2023-10-01 153249.png

Are you saying there isn't a way to show the number of records that come up with different searches?

Top Labels in this Space