custom grouping categories in card view

Hi, 

I am looking for a formula to custom sort / group by a category, the order is custom and does not fit the criteria of an alphabetical order. I have been trying to figure out a Sort or order by , but can't seem to get to the bottom of it. 

"Sort Order Table"

[Category]

[Order Number]

[Category] - Reference Table -- (Sort Order Table)

Thanks,

Brendan

Solved Solved
0 3 207
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I came up with a temporary solution using dashboard view! but it be a helpful way to sort if you did not have to create a slice for all the categories and could sort in one view. Maybe the google team could consider it for future developments. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I believe AppSheet SORT() functions sorts a column values alphabetically in ascending or descending and ORDERBY() sorts slice or table records ( through keys) by a numeric column  as row number or date or price or a text column alphabetically such as city name, person name etc.  in ascending or descending order.

There may not be straight forward ways to achieve the custom sorting. The AppSheet views display grouping by an enum column in the order in which the column values are. 

But it sounds that you are looking for custom sorting in a pdf report? That could possibly be achieved with a some additional logic. Will revert if can think of something. 

Other community members may also have their insights.

Edit: Added text column to ORDERBY() expression.

Hi Suvrutt, 

thank you for your quick response. I am looking for a method to actually display it in a  UX card view and not in a PDF unfortunately. 

I was wondering if there could be a way to use CONCATENATE() Function to combine a key order that is easily in a chronological order and then connect the custom text next to it ? Then group by this grouping. However, it would be ideal to attempt to get all the Revenue categories in one grouping instead of sub groups. 

1- Revenue 

2- Revenue 

I came up with a temporary solution using dashboard view! but it be a helpful way to sort if you did not have to create a slice for all the categories and could sort in one view. Maybe the google team could consider it for future developments. 

Top Labels in this Space