display clickable url link in a form

Hello
How can I display a clikable link in a form view ?
In the  form , I would like to display a  fixed clickable link  so users can get  more detailled information if needed?

ex :

for more information , visit More information 
then my drop down list

There are several ways to display it  in detail view but did not fnd one in a form.
Thanks in advance  for  your help.

Solved Solved
0 5 803
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can easily achieve that with the following setting. In the description of the column , please write the hyperlink that you would like to be displayed in the form.

The following example take the app user to the Google site and the text displayed for the user is "Go to the instructions"

Column settings are as below:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1686557569535.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1686557622651.png

The app form displays the hyperlink as below. When the user clicks on it, it will go to www.google.com in this particular case.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1686557751610.png

View solution in original post

Suvrutt, 
I tried it several times last  friday   but  was not working due to cache indeed. 
Cleaning the cache this morning  fixed the behaviour!!! 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You could use show type column with category as URL.

Please take a look at the video about the show type columns in the article referred below

Column data types - AppSheet Help

There is a minor information missing in the video, that you need to qualify the URL with https:/

That part is covered in the post below

Solved: BUG? Show column of URL type, actual URL prefixed ... - Google Cloud Community

Suvrutt , 
Thanks for  your time  but  I would like to have a  user friendly link displayed  and not  simply the detailed url .Exactly the same as 
Column data types - AppSheet Help
will go to  https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106435?hl=en&sjid=4244495645071864209-AP#show

but   not  display  <https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106435?hl=en&sjid=4244495645071864209-AP#show>

Sorry to not have been clear first time.. and of course  in a a form . 

As an input  users have to provide a reference so if they are not  sure I wish they could open the  reference catalog to check the exact reference to provide. That is why I want to have a clikable url in the  form 
Thank  a lot

You can easily achieve that with the following setting. In the description of the column , please write the hyperlink that you would like to be displayed in the form.

The following example take the app user to the Google site and the text displayed for the user is "Go to the instructions"

Column settings are as below:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1686557569535.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1686557622651.png

The app form displays the hyperlink as below. When the user clicks on it, it will go to www.google.com in this particular case.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1686557751610.png

Suvrutt, 
I tried it several times last  friday   but  was not working due to cache indeed. 
Cleaning the cache this morning  fixed the behaviour!!! 

Thanks.

You are welcome. Good to know it works now for you.

Top Labels in this Space