force usersettings to a value from another table

Hello 
Is there a way to set a usersettings field to a value  from another table . 
The challenge  I am currently facing : identify users without referencing an email due to GPDR requirements.
When a new user  comes in : I need to assign him/her an user_id that  is sent  by email.  I wish I can store this value  in  one  usersettings field so I can reuse it later on in the app. 
For  an existing user, when he came back , he shall enter his userid and then go to a dedicated view .

I need somehow to get  the  userid for the session stored somewhere .
Any hint/idea ?
Thanks a  lot .
Claire

Solved Solved
0 2 97
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't follow your need. If your app requires users to authenticate, then the app has access to their email (e.g., via the USEREMAIL function) whether you explicitly reference it or not. If your app does not require users to authenticate, then you have no way to confirm who a given user is, and devising some alternative to accomplish that probably isn't actually secure and, regardless, violates the AppSheet terms of service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't follow your need. If your app requires users to authenticate, then the app has access to their email (e.g., via the USEREMAIL function) whether you explicitly reference it or not. If your app does not require users to authenticate, then you have no way to confirm who a given user is, and devising some alternative to accomplish that probably isn't actually secure and, regardless, violates the AppSheet terms of service.

Dbaum , 
Thanks for the feedback 
Regards

Top Labels in this Space