format background colour for cards in card view

Hi - just wanted to confirm I haven't missed a way to do this. I want to format the background of individual cards in a card view, with alternating background colours. But it looks like background formatting is not possible - either in the card view or in other views such as table.

Is that correct? If so, I'll just try to get a similar effect with format rules on the text fields being displayed in the cards instead. Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 1,190
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For the image element in a Card view--including the "backdrop" layout that covers the entire card, you could use an automatically generated image of a single color that varies across cards--e.g., chosen randomly, calculated based on row number is odd or even, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

For the image element in a Card view--including the "backdrop" layout that covers the entire card, you could use an automatically generated image of a single color that varies across cards--e.g., chosen randomly, calculated based on row number is odd or even, etc.

Hi @dbaum - that's a nice trick, thanks! I'll play around with it to see if I can get the effect I want.

Good luck. Post back screenshots of what you come up with.

Top Labels in this Space