format column results "Colour GREEN" if "No defects found" and Date is within 24 hours of NOW

I am working on an inspection app. Currently it is set up to show Unit Numbers  as coloured Red if major issue, Yellow if Minor issue, Green if no issue, and Black if not inspected. So far it works. I have format rules set for the 3 colours.  I want to also have the green results revert back to black after 24 hours.  I can turn off the formatting with this as the condition 

"AND([Inspection Status]="No Defects Found", [Last Inspection] >= NOW()-1)"

but it also blacks the current inspection result that is within 24 Hours

and 

AND([Inspection Status]="No Defects Found", [Last Inspection] <= NOW()-1) leaves everything green

I hope the above is somewhat sensible. I am sure there is something simple I am missing, but still don't know enough to figure it out yet. Assistance appreciated. and Thanks in advance.

0 4 209
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks for the link to the Doc. Yes, and it makes sense in what it goes over. The format rule can have a combined expression in the format condition. I think I am just not wording it correctly. Like Make the text green if condition A is true and last inspection within 24 hours of now?

Have you considered the order of your format rules? Only one color rule can be applied. As I recall, it is the last matching color rule that is applied.

A possibility, I will continue to work on it. I am sure it is a simple wording problem in the formula/argument. I may have to tweak a column or 2 to get it calculating correctly. or maybe try just calculating the time a different way.  

Top Labels in this Space