generate Key for a daily inventory of recurring items

hi , 

i have a set of inventory items  ( N Number) which are being scanned and inserted into the googlesheets on a daily basis. so all the items that you see on the google sheet for the day are recurring, so they dont have uniqueids as the sheet is used on a daily basis with same items (more of a dynamically growing google sheet with same set of data).. im trying to set the KEY but dont want to use the appsheet selected Row_num key as it warns me of using a different column with ID to be set as KEY

warning : ("The spreadsheet row number is being used as a key in the table 'xxxx'. It's best to include an 'ID' column in the table.")

how to generate the ID - column to be key without using date or any other uniquely identify data for eachrow as they get inserted  everyday in the column from the same set of inventory. 

can anyone suggest / advice on how can this be accomplished.

is there any problem if we dont solve the warning from appsheet and go with the autopick by appsheet and use row number to be KEY column in production setting? 

just fyi: the current limitation with copy pasting the uniqueID() recommendation posted from the reference link below is that, i have to do this copy paste and remind myself in doing it  for every n Number of rows ( currently i have it set to 30k) , but it will be an issue if i dont copy paste it after i reach a set number of rows in the future.

ref:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10105828

@Marc_Dillon 

0 1 78
1 REPLY 1

I think your problem comes from the fact that some people uses the worksheet from outside your app. Even if I give you some idea to solve your particular problem, this workflow is calling for a nightmare and is my duty to say it.

Anyway, I suggest you to use a Computed Key, which means a concatenation of multiple columns in order to generate a key which also let's you use a virtual column with this purpose.
Another idea would be to generate this computed key using your worksheet's function to concatenate on an extra column that you need to make sure no one deletes or changes

What is a key? - AppSheet Help
Top Labels in this Space