google chrome wrong date format in forms only

Hi everybody,

I know it has been asked a few times already but is driving me nuts and I hope someone can help

I made this little app for my father and he only uses it on his pc. 

He uses chrome, his chrome language settings only have italian, the google sheet settings are set to italian and the table locale settings in appsheet are set to italian.

Everywhere in the app the dates are shown correctly as dd/mm/yyyy but in forms where they are shown as mm/dd/yyyy

Has anybody an idea? I know he can use the date picker but he is 80 and keeps making mistakes

correct format everywherecorrect format everywherewrong format in formswrong format in forms

Thanks a lot

Solved Solved
0 3 2,139
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@LuigiBinaghi wrote:

his chrome language settings only have italian

I'd pay attention to this, because there are different types of language settings in browsers, so you have to make sure it's applied for the content and not just the app (the browser)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@LuigiBinaghi wrote:

his chrome language settings only have italian

I'd pay attention to this, because there are different types of language settings in browsers, so you have to make sure it's applied for the content and not just the app (the browser)

Thank you @SkrOYC 

After further investigation with google chrome settings I will add a few details for future reference if anybody has a similar problem.

At this moment in time (feb 2023) Chrome settings depend on the operating system as well.

On windows you can configure the language chrome will try to show web pages and separately you can configure the user interface language of the browser itself.

On linux/mac the language of the user interface is the same as the operating system language. You can't configure a different language for the browser user interface.

In my father's case, the pc is running linux with an english interface and despite the language in chrome was set to italian the browser interface was still in english.

After changing the operating system language to italian and log out/in to apply the change chrome interface was in italian and the date was correctly formatted as dd/mm/yyyy also in forms

chrome UI interface language updatedchrome UI interface language updated

The same should happen with macos.

Thx for the help

@LuigiBinaghi wrote:

On linux/mac the language of the user interface is the same as the operating system language. You can't configure a different language for the browser user interface.

Yep, exactly.
Although I've seen exceptions, but may be related to some kind of bug.

I use Debian in spanish but sometimes I see some inconsistencies, like commas where dots go and viceversa.

Happy to help!

Top Labels in this Space