hi. I want to do a dropdown list of suggested...

hi. I want to do a dropdown list of suggested value for a column that is taken from another table, and is conditional.

the issue is that I want to do it on Date values (not Text) can it be done? how? i saw this, and this is the most relevant but I could not make it work for me, yet… https://help.appsheet.com/expressions/using-expressions/suggested-values-for-a-column

where do i write the constrain? in the valid if or the formula?

second q: can it be done on virtual column? if so what do i write in the formula (if the constrain is need to be in the valid if)

Thanks! please help, I am in a loop regarding this for a while:) Ravid

0 6 400
6 REPLIES 6

Instead of a date or text field you need to use Enum and choose the “Date” as a BaseType option.

Virtual columns are for calculation and that’s why selectable dropdown is not possible.

@Aleksi_Alkio i need it to have dynamic list,

Based from other table and condition ,

can i do that in enum column type?

Yes, you can read for example dates from another table with the Valid_If like TableName[ColumnName].

Thanks! that works! Now i have another related complex Q. I want to chose another value in the same table that is Numeric, dependent on the chosen date. so I wanted to do a LookUp function. but I need the lookup not to be totally randomized and to have another limitation based on another column (not in the simple Lookup function). is this possible?? how? thank

So… are you looking for a dependent dropdown?

Top Labels in this Space