how to open a HTML file created by an bot and its task "create a new file"

Hi all,

how can I open a HTML file by an appsheet action?

The HTML file was created by an bot and task "create a new file".

Best is to open the HTML directly in google docs, because it should be edited in google docs after creation.

Thanks, Joachim

Solved Solved
0 12 1,078
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution by creating a google apps script which is called in the automation and converts the by appsheet created html file into a google doc, adds a footer and saves the link to the doc in the google sheet. After that it is possible to open the google doc by an appsheet action.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Btw, do you have a question?

how can I open a HTML file by an appsheet action?

You can't, you have to download it.

Just some filetypes are now being able to be view inside the browser.
If you are OK with that, you just have to create a relative path to the file, considering that File columns (and actions of course) expect you to use a relative path from the worksheet while Bots save files relative to the Default App Folder

Thanks @SkrOYC ,

I have now a workaround. The appsheet action will open a google drive search with exact the filename I would like to open.

Right click, open with google docs and I can edit the html file converted to google docs.

Btw, why you want/need an HTML converted to GDocs?

to edit this file without previous conversion via "open as"

I mean, you need to edit an HTML? Do you have a usecase? Just curious

the use case is to create with AppSheet a document and have the ability to edit it.

The only AppSheet fileformats are PDF and HTM not GDOC.

Thus we open the HTML with google docs, this will convert to GDOC format and edit it.

Or what are you asking?

What I'm trying to say is that maybe you want to edit it because you were not able to do something and I just wanted to help to make sure you don't have such a wall in front of you, but I was just guessing

Thank you very much, do you know, how to create with AppSheet a GDOC document? That is, what we need for editing this document after creating by AppSheet. I think, there is no way, or do you have any idea?

Thank you

by the way, did you ever worked with "call a script"?
I do not know how to save the return value in a column.
If I try according to the documentation, the app shows an error after saving.
see: https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/error-using-return-value-from-quot-call-a-scrip...

Thank you, Joachim

I found a solution by creating a google apps script which is called in the automation and converts the by appsheet created html file into a google doc, adds a footer and saves the link to the doc in the google sheet. After that it is possible to open the google doc by an appsheet action.

Top Labels in this Space