limited views to different account

Hi guys ,

I have a doubt if it can be done or not. I explain the problem.

I have created a calendar where different people can enter reservations based on room availability with a check on the dates.

I would like to make the calendar visible to all people who use the app but everyone can only see and modify the data entered by themselves while the admin can do everything.

Do you think it can be done?

I saw that there is a type filter in this link :

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10104977

the filter is :

"IN([CustomerId], SELECT(CustomersToReps[CustomerId], [SalesRepEmail] = USEREMAIL()))"

Do you have other solutions that I could apply ?

regards

Solved Solved
0 10 219
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello there @peppemigl , what you need is a current user system 

It allows you to identify each user and the rows they create individually, from then it becomes a simple task of making the views for your users based on slices with expressions like:

[createdBy]=INDEX(currentUser[email],1)

Do give that post a look, it will change your AppSheet life.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello there @peppemigl , what you need is a current user system 

It allows you to identify each user and the rows they create individually, from then it becomes a simple task of making the views for your users based on slices with expressions like:

[createdBy]=INDEX(currentUser[email],1)

Do give that post a look, it will change your AppSheet life.

Hi Rafael ,

the post is a bible ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

but I don't understand if by implementing that function I limit the user to access with his email entered in the database, but it does not limit access to the non-data view of the calendar shared by other users.

I don't know if you understood what I wrote...

I hope so๐Ÿ˜‚

In case it's helpful, here's a broader overview of how to apply that system and related techniques:  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community

@peppemigl wrote:

but I don't understand if by implementing that function I limit the user to access with his email entered in the database, but it does not limit access to the non-data view of the calendar shared by other users.

If you have a user system you can just make slices for all your views that allow users to see only the rows that have their email on it, but in case they are an administrator, they can see everything, something like this could be your slice expression:

SWITCH(
 INDEX(currentUser[role],1),
 "Admin", TRUE,
 "User", [userEmail]=USEREMAIL(),
 FALSE
)

and that post IS a bible not because of its length but because of its holy value in AppSheet, I highly suggest you learn to recite it haha

Hi @Rafael_ANEIC-PY ,

yes correct as regards the Admin part , which sees everything .

I explain the problem better so you can understand ... I have a shared room reservation calendar where 3 people can enter reservations but between they must not see the data entered for privacy.

The risk is that by limiting the display I find myself having multiple calendars for each referent and no longer just one. In the sense.

- The calendar is unique for everyone.

-Everyone can check the availability of the room if it is free or already booked

-only admin sees all fields.

-individual referents only their data but at the same time the availability of the rooms on the shared calendar.

Yeah bro, I understand the problem, and my answer still stands, you just need to show each user their own entries of the calendar, and when they try to book a room that information is available to everyone.

Place your faith in the user system and give it a shot and you might understand it better

hi @Rafael_ANEIC-PY ,

I need your support.

i have add colum "email referent "

peppemigl_0-1684956503718.png

I have create a slice

peppemigl_1-1684956598542.png

I have a shared calendar but now

peppemigl_2-1684956729890.png

how do i create user views based on user ?
excuse the ignorance๐Ÿ˜‚

hi

@peppemigl wrote:

how do i create user views based on user ?

When you open any view that is not system generated you can choose the table on which the view is based on, use this to select the slice that you have created and give it a test with your own email to see if the slice expression works

Rafael_ANEICPY_0-1684957100870.png

hi @Rafael_ANEIC-PY ,

thanks .... i add the slice ...now ok...aahahahah, perfect...

i try and i udpate you

Sure, let me know how that goes

Top Labels in this Space