line breaks in text disappear in details/card view

Hi, I tried to use line breaks in formula. It works when I show the column in a form view, but the breaks disappear, and the text become continuous when I view it in details or card views.

Any suggestions,

Thanks

Solved Solved
1 6 317
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ahmednmt wrote:

Thanks, but still does not work for details or card views.

Sorry I missed the Card views part.  Card views have a bug and are not supporting LongText values at the moment.  

However, LongText columns in a Detail view should.  AS @AleksiAlkio suggests, please provide the expression you are using so we can help further.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Be sure you have defined the column as "LongText" to support line breaks.  If you are still having issues, make sure you are inserting line breaks in your expression properly.  You will most likley want to open a double quote, hit the return key to PHYSICALLY insert a new line - this put on a new line in the expression itself and then close on the second line with another double quote.

It would look somthing like this:

[Text Line 1] & " <<return key entered here for new line>>
" & [Text Line 2] & " <<return key entered here for new line>>
" & [Text Line 3] & " <<return key entered here for new line>>
<<return key entered here AGAIN for BLANK line to show>>
" & [Text Line 4]

NOTES: 

1. The red text is annotation only to help explain.
  2. I am showing the shorthand approach to CONCATENATION.  You could also use the CONCATENATE() function and replace the &'s with commas.

I hope this helps!

Please show your formula so it would be easier for others to help with your challenge, thanks.

@ahmednmt wrote:

Sorry I missed the Card views part.  Card views have a bug and are not supporting LongText values at the moment.  

However, LongText columns in a Detail view should.  AS @AleksiAlkio suggests, please provide the expression you are using so we can help further.

The formula is:

Concatenate("Airway Bill number: ", [AirwayBillNo],"; 

","Flight: ", [FlightNo] , "; 

","Arrival Date: " , [ArrivalDateTime], "; 

","Details: " , [Details])

The result is:

https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/q1EtJG3TpcqL

Thank you all, it works for Details view,  but not card.

Thanks again 

Top Labels in this Space