line implementation

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the line implementation.I am creating an application allowing visual inspection of defects on components.

During the inspection, the inspector must observe several sheets of a batch and on each sheet he has the possibility of adding several defects.
So I have several tables:
[ Inspection ] , [ Sheet], [ Defects].

I would like when the inspection ID of row 1 and row 2 are the same, I can implement my n° of sheet of 1.
So for the same Inspection I would see:

Sheet
1 - defects (...)
2 - faults (...)
3 - ....

I don't know if it was clear enough, if you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Solved Solved
0 3 78
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So to describe the issue.  When we create a Sheets record we want [No Ligne] to be "1" if its the first sheet and "2", "3" etc for subsequent sheets. 

In the formla below I assume that Sheets[Inspection] is the Ref column to the parent (Inspection) records.  Also that Sheets[SheetsID] is the key column for the sheets table.  This formula would be the inital value for [No Ligne] column.

IF(
COUNT(Select(Sheets[SheetsID],[SheetsID]<>[_ThisRow].[SheetsID]))=0,
"1",
COUNT(Select(Sheets[SheetsID],[SheetsID]<>[_ThisRow].[SheetsID]))+1
)

An alternative would be to create a virtual column of Inspection[SheetCount] with

COUNT([Related Sheetss][SheetID])

and then have  Sheets[No Ligne] to simply be

[Inspection].[SheetCount]

The first one, though more complicated is better because it doesn't require virtual column.

Simon@1minManager.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think I understand.  So Each Inspection can have many Sheets and each sheet can have many Defects.  You need to be able to go into one Inspection and see all the related Defects.

1. In the defects table to need to create a column called [Inspection] with an App formula of [Sheets].[****]  Where [****] is the Ref column in Sheets that points to the Inspection table
  2. This on its own should create a [Related Defectss] List column in the Inspection record
  3. If not, in the inspection table cerate a virtual LIST type column called [Related Defectss] with an App Formula of REF_ROWS("Defects", "Inspection") assuming you'd called it [Inspection] like I said in point 1 above

Hope this helps

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi 1min manager,

Thank you for your answer !
It's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'll try to be more specific by posting screenshots.Capture.png
On this screenshot, we are on the Inspection view. We see the summary table of the different sheets checked.
On the first column I would like to display the number of the sheet (sheet 1, sheet 2, etc...).
As I have several inspections, I would like the sheet number to be implemented automatically for the same inspection. And that when I open a new inspection, the count starts again at 1.

So to describe the issue.  When we create a Sheets record we want [No Ligne] to be "1" if its the first sheet and "2", "3" etc for subsequent sheets. 

In the formla below I assume that Sheets[Inspection] is the Ref column to the parent (Inspection) records.  Also that Sheets[SheetsID] is the key column for the sheets table.  This formula would be the inital value for [No Ligne] column.

IF(
COUNT(Select(Sheets[SheetsID],[SheetsID]<>[_ThisRow].[SheetsID]))=0,
"1",
COUNT(Select(Sheets[SheetsID],[SheetsID]<>[_ThisRow].[SheetsID]))+1
)

An alternative would be to create a virtual column of Inspection[SheetCount] with

COUNT([Related Sheetss][SheetID])

and then have  Sheets[No Ligne] to simply be

[Inspection].[SheetCount]

The first one, though more complicated is better because it doesn't require virtual column.

Simon@1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space