possible to show label for an entry point on map

does someone know if it's still not possible to show a label of an entry point on the map? or is there a way I can do this? would be great to label it like A1 to A10 or something. Only hovering over the point is not enough.

Solved Solved
0 5 368
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Understood.  This not currently a feature in AppSheet.  You might search the Feature Ideas.  I'm sure someone has submitted this as a request in the past and you can vote it up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you mean a Label that shows constantly, no this is not possible.  

You can set the Label column in your table and on a Map view, on a Desktop, that Label will "pop-up" when hovered over.  Mobile devices handle this by showing a Deck View at the bottom of the Map View when a pin is tapped.

Yes, I mean a Label that shows constantly.

Do you know, why they do not implement it? If it's only for readybility of the map (because of too many labels covering each other), an option of showing constantly having a defined scale would be great.

or do you know if it's possible to use an own svg symbol? I only have the option of the given symbols changing the color.

You might look into using XY data with KML layers.  This is the ability to provide a background image and then precisely specify data to appear within that image.  And I am fairly certain you can use Map images.  I have not used yet myself so have limited knowledge.

You can check out this article to help get you started...Work with Maps

hmm no that's acctually not what I'm looking for.

I locate points on a map using latlong. And these points should have an own svg symbol or a constantly shown label.

However, thanks!

Understood.  This not currently a feature in AppSheet.  You might search the Feature Ideas.  I'm sure someone has submitted this as a request in the past and you can vote it up.

Top Labels in this Space