prescription writing

hi 

Im a doctor and im trying to create my own medical prescription and appointment system 

I want to create templates for various diseases and their treatments. I want these templates to be inserted into my prescription by one click. For example if I see multiple patients with similar kind of disease for which i know i would be prescribing almost the same set of medicines then I dont want to waste time in writing a similar kind of prescription again and again. I would rather prefer to have preformed set of prescription that I can insert into each of the patient and also make a few adjustment in it according to the need of the patient. 

Solved Solved
1 7 337
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Ok, so you may want to start with that, at first:

1) A table "Medicine" that will embed your medicines

- "key" : key column (tick the Key property), type Text, initial value UNIQUEID(), property Show OFF

- "label": short description of the medicine (tick the Label property)

- "name": real name of your medicine

- any additional information you may need

2) A table "Template" that will embed your templates

- "key" : key column (tick the Key property), type Text, initial value UNIQUEID(), property Show OFF

- "label": short description of the template (tick the Label property)

- "Medicine": type enumList, base type Ref, source table "Medicine"

3) A table "Prescription" that will embed your prescriptions

- "Template", type Ref, source table "Template"

- "Medicine": type enumList, base type Ref, source table "Medicine", initial value expression: [Template].[Medicine]

4) Finally, a bot that will create a file based on informations of your prescription.

I suggest you look in the community for this last part, there are many answers about this.

For reference:

Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

References between tables - AppSheet Help

Bots: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Ok, so you may want to start with that, at first:

1) A table "Medicine" that will embed your medicines

- "label": short description of the medicine (tick the Label property)

- "name": real name of your medicine

2) A table "Template" that will embed your templates

- "Medicine": type enumList, base type Ref, source table "Medicine"

3) A table "Prescription" that will embed your prescriptions

- "Template", type Ref, source table "Template"

- "Medicine": type enumList, base type Ref, source table "Medicine", initial value expression: [Template].[Medicine]

4) Finally, a bot that will create a file based on informations of your prescription.

I suggest you look in the community for this last part, there are many answers about this.

For reference:

Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Bots: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Thanks for the reply 

Its really helpful 

I have made a consultation form with nested forms linked to it for symptoms, findings, medicines, diagnosis and ect... Once i complete the form a bot prepares a PDF for the the consultation and I get it printed. According to your suggestion I can refer my prescription to the templates but here the consultation form with its nested forms will become the templates.

How will I be able to refer to the values in the nested forms to my templates

"How will I be able to refer to the values in the nested forms to my templates"

This is about using the [Related xyz] that you will see once the data structure is made properly and Ref type are set.

For reference:

Use Google Docs templates - AppSheet Help

Use Start expressions in templates - AppSheet Help

I have made a consultation form with nested forms.....

FYI: Nested forms are a notoriously bad interface, you can't utilize actions for advanced functionalities, not to mention they're usually broken - so reference links aren't populated like they should be.  

• (I call these "see-saw bugs": they're fixed one day, then they're not, then they are, then they're not.  I can't build mission-critical software with THAT going on.)

You're better of dropping someone into the detail view of the parent record, where they can then tap the "Add" button under the inline view.  This method ensures that reference links are made as they should be, and opens the way for further advanced functionalities with actions and view events.

Just thought I would throw out this tid-bit about nested-forms.

sorry 

I didnt get this part 

how will ref my nested tables 

I suggest you read the "for reference" links I provided 😉 

Since AppSheet now calls their sample apps "templates" - I've been trying to come up with another term that we could use to describe this system that you build inside your app.

When you look for synonyms of the word template, there is a few that come up, but not very many that are fitting to this scenario.

However there is one synonym that really kind of stuck out to me: blueprints

Maybe something like ...

- "The Record Blueprint System" 🤔🤔🤔

I'm actually going to go over how to set this up inside of an app in today's live stream. (10am central - https://youtu.be/sDS8l7k-2cY)

- I'll try and remember to come back here and post a timestamp link. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(UPDATE)  - Hey I remembered!  (^_^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDS8l7k-2cY&t=4064s

The last hour is the process of getting things setup and basically ready to go.

Hope it helps!

Top Labels in this Space