"8 August" not accepted as text in index list

Hi,

Please point me in the right direction, i donct know why “8 august” generates an error.

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 5 135
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you try with TEXT(8 August) for only that particular element in the list.

I think all other list elements are treated as text since month names are different than English month names. Only August matches and the parser treats it as a date rathen than text element.

So list will be

LIST( “1 Ianuarie”, " 2 Februarie", … ,TEXT(8 August), “9 Septembrie”,…, “12 Decembrie”)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Could you try with TEXT(8 August) for only that particular element in the list.

I think all other list elements are treated as text since month names are different than English month names. Only August matches and the parser treats it as a date rathen than text element.

So list will be

LIST( “1 Ianuarie”, " 2 Februarie", … ,TEXT(8 August), “9 Septembrie”,…, “12 Decembrie”)

It worked, thanks a lot.

I had my column type set as text, but it seems it wasn’t enough.

Yes, you have a valid point. I think it could be one of those edge cases where the parser gives precedence in recognizing a textual date format over plain text.

@Steve : May we request your insights?

Correct! A raw value in an expression that matches a recognized date format will be made a Date value. To avoid this, construct the raw value (e.g., ("8." & "August")). The reason for this is that Expression Assistant sets the value’s data type by its appearance, then converts it to the column’s type at the very end. There’s a period of time where the column’s type isn’t considered.

Got it. Thank you very much @Steve

Top Labels in this Space