"Are Updates Allowed" error message: SerializeForViewing()

I'm trying to set updates permissions for a table using Current_User slice guidance.  I have used two suggested formulae from various sources in the community but I get the following error (edit for clarity) during sync:

David_Hundt_2-1658347444417.png

The following formula versions makes the edit behavior work correctly in the app but, as stated, give the error above when syncing:

David_Hundt_0-1658347310703.png

David_Hundt_1-1658347347111.png

Additional details: If I take the formula out and generally turn on Updates/Adds/Deletes everything works.  I'm using SQL as my data source.

Thank you for any suggestions or direction.

Solved Solved
0 2 115
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welp, I figured this out.  Posting the solution here in case it will help any other newbies such as myself in the future.

I was testing this in the app preview mode and was switching users using the "Preview App as..." feature.  I should have read the help text on this feature:

David_Hundt_0-1658772515750.png

So, of course all of the different expressions I tried worked as advertised once I actually deployed it to a test user and tried it.  Lesson learned!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Replying to say that I still can't get this to work after tons of research and experimentation.  The following expression provides the same result: The app behavior is correct (allowing or disallowing edit access), but I get the same error on sync.

David_Hundt_0-1658494527418.png

Welp, I figured this out.  Posting the solution here in case it will help any other newbies such as myself in the future.

I was testing this in the app preview mode and was switching users using the "Preview App as..." feature.  I should have read the help text on this feature:

David_Hundt_0-1658772515750.png

So, of course all of the different expressions I tried worked as advertised once I actually deployed it to a test user and tried it.  Lesson learned!

Top Labels in this Space