"Column contains mismatched Formulas"

Hi team,
I am using google sheets as my database and keep encountering an error where the system does not like having more than one spreadsheet formula in a column. The first 15 columns are filled out via the app, however the 16th column is where I do personalised calculations with in google sheets. So through out the column there are many different formulas present. I do not understand why an error keeps popping up if I set the 16th column to ready only (and not editable).

Any ideas?

0 3 285
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet does not support โ€œpersonalized formulasโ€ at all. All formulas within a single column must be of exactly the same format when expressed using R1C1 notation. AppSheet cares about that column because AppSheet adds the formula to the column when a new row is added, and re-writes the columnโ€™s formula whenever the row is updated.

In short, what youโ€™re trying to do with your spreadsheet formulas is not supported by AppSheet.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Okay that makes sense. I just dont see why appsheet needs to add the same formula to each and every new row when Google sheets has the โ€œArrayformulaโ€ functionality.

If you clear the Sheet formula field from that column, set the column as โ€œnot editableโ€ and save after your warning, it should clear the warning and show the value as it is in that column.

Top Labels in this Space