"Hang Time" on form save event with actions running in background

I am running a series of actions on multiple form save events and have noticed significant โ€˜hang timeโ€™ as in a pause where the screen just goes blank and it takes about 5-10 seconds before the actions complete and go to the next screen.

Although I understand that these processes can take a little bit of time, my top bar does show the prior screenโ€™s title and a back arrow. Iโ€™m afraid that someone might become impatient and just click that back arrow and thereby will navigate away from where I would like them to be.

Is there a way to implement a โ€˜loadingโ€™ screen? Or would someone have a different solution to bridge this issue? The actions include adding records to a ref table and then navigating to a detail view of the parent and the children.

0 5 54
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

Maaaybe you could include a sync action so you can force the user to watch the sync screen during the process?

I have thought about this, but was concerned that there is a chance that the user might be offline and that this would cause an issue.

Sounds like thereโ€™s a legitimate need to consider what these actions of yours are doing that they take so long to complete.

Simple explanation is control.

The process is a water level report entry with some very basic information that then adds 1, 2, or 12 child records to a Static Water Level table and possibly a Pumping water level table. Each of the records then also needs needs to be entered into some many-to-many reference tables. All of this is done via up to 5 looping actions with conditions that check if the looping action needs to be performed or not.

I am using the form save event because of data security filters, the data would disappear from the user prior to some of the looping actions if I am using bots to accomplish this (already tried this alternative), so Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™m stuck with form save event.

At the low end this process adds at least 4 records to 4 different tables, at the high end it could be 40 to up to 6 tables.

Sure would be nice if some sort of loading spinner could be implemented for this without causing a full sync.

Top Labels in this Space