"Show?" column check box

Hi,

I have an issue with my app being slow on the first opening of a detail view from the main table. If I have a formula or virtual column that is slowing it down, can I uncheck โ€œShow?โ€ to turn that calculation off or will the calculation still be made but just not shown?

I was thinking that I might be able to identify the offending expression this way.

Thanks

Phil

0 5 235
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You could try and see what happens. Let us know!

It has occurred to me that turning off the โ€œShow?โ€ button will remove the column from from any slice it is in and aslo any detail views and not replace it when I turn it back on! I would have to go back through and reorder everything i think.

If you turn off the Show_If formula for a column, then it will be hidden everywhere - but the complicated show if formula wonโ€™t be evaluated anymore - so if thatโ€™s the slow down it should remove it.

Hi,

Iโ€™ll make a copy of the app and turn off expressions in that to try and find it. That way I wonโ€™t mess up the view layouts.

You can always revert your app to a previous version, pretty easily, as well. If you ever make a horrible change.

Top Labels in this Space