related table not using unique ID

I have a customer table, customer location table, customer contact table

these tables are related to the customer table 

when i open the app, go to the customer table, scroll down to contact, click add (on the related table) it populates the Cust ID auto, which is good, now when i click on location to add a location for this new customer contact, as an EnumLIST (so a contact can be for multi locations) it gives the user a list of every location, not just the ones associated to the customer id. 

how do i get only the locations associated with the cust ID to populate the list?

the location table has a "Cust ID" column 
the Customer Table has a "Cust ID" column
the Contact Table has a "Cust ID" column 

Thanks in advanced

Solved Solved
0 4 226
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i did share it in a reply , BTW here is the answer 

SELECT(Customer Location Directory[Location / Office Name], ([Customer ID] = [_THISROW].[Customer ID]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

First, change your post's title, it sounds like a problem with the UNIQUEID() expression, which is not.

Second, how did you configured the EnumList? If you are using an EnumList basetype Ref, expect some problems since, in general, it's an advance config.

Third, share the Valid_If for that EnumList column if you are in fact using the basetype Ref

its not referencing the customer ID (unique id) to pull the list, nothing wrong with title. 

on customer contact table [Location]
validif = Select(Customer Location Directory[Location / Office Name],([Customer ID]=[Customer ID]))

Customer ID (uniqueID) is pulled in via REF , it shows up on the table 

so the Enum list , isn't using the UNIQUE ID provided by the REF to display a list of locations based off CUST ID 

@CloudCoder wrote:

so the Enum list , isn't using the UNIQUE ID provided by the REF to display a list of locations based off CUST ID 

@SkrOYC wrote:

share the Valid_If for that EnumList column if you are in fact using the basetype Ref

i did share it in a reply , BTW here is the answer 

SELECT(Customer Location Directory[Location / Office Name], ([Customer ID] = [_THISROW].[Customer ID]))

Top Labels in this Space