summing numbers from different tables Hey th...

summing numbers from different tables

Hey there - hoping this community can help me out yet again!

I have numbers on several different tables that are updated on a regular basis. I’d like to add the last entered numbers on each table for an overall score. However, my challenge is that there are several entries for each client and I only want to add the last one. I can identify them with a MAX(date, select(client ID = “ID”)) but then the column becomes a list column and I can’t add the numbers together.

Illustration Table 1 has client details. On a referenced table 1A we have three indicators about each client, which we update regularly with a datetime stamp and i want to pull the last entry on this client from here Table 2 has order details. Here we again have a referenced table 2A with three indicators that I want to pull the last entry from concerning this order Table 3 has order item details. Here we have two indicators on referenced table 3A which I want to add to the latest entries from tables 1A and 2A for an overall score. Ideally this should be live so that if someone now makes a newer entry on tables 1A or 2A, the overall score on table 3A is also updated.

How do I pull the last entries without using a max(select()) structure?

Thank you so much in advance!

0 3 361
3 REPLIES 3

You should use MAXROW expression for identifying the last row’s key value. Then you can deref all your values you need to use.

yes! that solves it, thank you very much

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space