There are no available notification channels for this workspace

I'm new to GCP, and I was trying to setup a billing alert.  I'm seeing the following when I select "Link monitoring email notification channels to this budget"...

thardy_0-1710823610222.png

I went to "Manage Notification Channels" and added an email.  I've got one there (cutoff in my pic for privacy)...

thardy_1-1710823688368.png

Why won't it show up in the dropdown above for Notification channels?  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and this is very confusing. Clicking the refresh in the dropdown changes nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
2 3 152
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just tried the above again, and the channel I created the first time was not there anymore - the second screenshot in my question... just gone. I created it again, using the exact same steps, and this time everything worked fine.

Is it common in GCP for incredibly simple tasks to look like they succeeded, but actually fail, and continue to fail until you try the same thing  again days later?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I feel like I'm missing something incredibly fundamental here. I simply want to create an Email Notification Channel, which I think I did in the second screenshot above. I then want to use this Email Notification Channel on a Billing Alert. Is this simply not possible?

I just tried the above again, and the channel I created the first time was not there anymore - the second screenshot in my question... just gone. I created it again, using the exact same steps, and this time everything worked fine.

Is it common in GCP for incredibly simple tasks to look like they succeeded, but actually fail, and continue to fail until you try the same thing  again days later?

Hopefully, I'll have the same "solution".

I have the same problem. I wanted to create a billing alert through a notification channel. I installed the Google Cloud app on my phone, which creates a "mobile devices" entry in the notification channels. However, I still cannot add notifications to it in the budget alert. The notification channel just simply doesn't appear there at all. Even if I use the "manage notification channels" button from the budget configuration, it's not there. 

With any luck, I'll be able to just come back later. But it seems pretty broken to me.

Top Labels in this Space