default value for Query complexity

Hi there

I came across this KB article which states the "query complexity is limited to a default value of 50M"

https://cloud.google.com/knowledge/kb/the-query-complexity-is-limited-to-a-default-value-of-50m-0000...

My question is where do

1. where can i see this default setting
  2. how to increase the value, is the 50M, M means megabytes? what does M stand for
Solved Solved
4 3 108
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

In  BigQuery, the "query complexity" is an internal metric that measures how computationally demanding a query is. The default limit is set to 50 million units of complexity, not megabytes.

The specific query complexity limit of 50 million units is not directly visible in the BigQuery interface. However, you can infer when your query exceeds this limit through error messages. BigQuery will return an error like "Too many subqueries or query is too complex" if your query's complexity exceeds this threshold.

To increase the query complexity limit, you need to request a quota increase from Google Cloud Support.

View solution in original post

You  need to contact Google Cloud Support for assistance. They can help you through the process of requesting an increase.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In  BigQuery, the "query complexity" is an internal metric that measures how computationally demanding a query is. The default limit is set to 50 million units of complexity, not megabytes.

The specific query complexity limit of 50 million units is not directly visible in the BigQuery interface. However, you can infer when your query exceeds this limit through error messages. BigQuery will return an error like "Too many subqueries or query is too complex" if your query's complexity exceeds this threshold.

To increase the query complexity limit, you need to request a quota increase from Google Cloud Support.

Hi @ms4446 

If I am in the quota screen, what is the name of quota or what should I search for

You  need to contact Google Cloud Support for assistance. They can help you through the process of requesting an increase.