Bug: Cannot trigger 2nd table actions with list of refs

Steps to replicate: Start with a new app.  Add a second table. For clarity, let's call the tables Invoices and Payments.  In the payments table, add an EnumList with a ref base pointing to the invoices table - lets call it [related invoices].  Create an action for the invoices table that updates a field, for example set [status] to "Paid".  In the Payments table, make a Yes/No column, let's call it "Mark Paid?".  Create a few records in each table and populate the enumlist column you added to the payments table. Now create a bot that is triggered by data change in Payments.  Add a step that will activate the Mark Invoice Paid action item, using [related invoices] as the row reference.  

Expected Results: When a row in payments has [Mark Paid] set to TRUE, the related invoices have [status] set to paid.  Or, when trying to select the action in the bot, the interface explains why this isn't possible. 

Actual Results: Bot fails to trigger action item.  On testing, an error message mentioning something about "Parent" and "ImagePrevious" is shown.  

Status Open
1 4 86
4 Comments
dhocking
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I have the same experience, but, no error message is shown in my case.

RedVox
Silver 3
Silver 3
The error I am getting only shows up in the bot testing page. You don’t
get an error message there?
dhocking
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I'm not using a bot, this is just me manually triggering the action

RedVox
Silver 3
Silver 3

Here's an update.  The actions are now firing as expected.  It looks like I had two issues.  First, in an early test, I must have had something wrong in my formula for the referenced rows.  But then, while looking at it in test mode, I must have switched to something that worked.  However, I was trying to only execute the 2nd step in the flow.  The error i was seeing must have been because, without the previous step, the 2nd step could not be processed correctly.  Lesson learned.   I've never run into a situation before where I could not test a step on its own.  A better error message might have saved me a lot of time.