JOIN list function is missing

How can a list be joined into a string with a delimiter.  the answer cannot hardcode the contents of the example list as the solution?  Please elaborate on a general solution to handle a list where the length and content is not known at the time the expression is being written.  It's baffling to me that there is no JOIN function in appsheet to go along with the SPLIT function.

Status Open
0 3 55
3 Comments
dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

Have you tried TEXT({list})? It sounds like maybe you're asking about Concatenate values with a delimiter: How to simula... - Google Cloud Community

dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

If instead you're asking about joining tables, see the relevant video linked in the recent  Quick Tip Friday - Google Cloud Community  post.

Stephen_Ehmann
Silver 1
Silver 1

TEXTJOIN is what I am looking for.   I already simulate it like you show in your post, this post is about a "new idea" not seeking help in getting something to work.

When something like this (in this case JOIN a list into a string) isn't supported as a builtin function when it is in other programming languages (as the conceptual inverse of SPLIT), that causes extra algorithms to have to be developed and slows everyone down.

That said, thank you sir for your post on the matter, it is quite helpful.