Ref Column Dropdown Barcode Search

I would like the ability to search with barcode in the ref column dropdown. 2X_8_84ff41c51480a9de628d4003d525dd3633dcec2b.png

Status Open
4 4 515
4 Comments
Remco_Edelenbos

I would like to know that to. I solved it now with a QR. Because then my Key in the source table can be the same as my ref dropdown. The problem is ( i think ) that you can only specify one key. So it is either this dropdown on your image, or the barcode numbers.

I hope someone can help.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

Currently, the best way to accomplish this is with a few columns and showing and hiding thing… I have a feature request already in for what would solve this issue. @praveen not sure if y’all have looked into a post scan expression yet?

https://community.appsheet.com/t/post-scan-dynamic-expressions-for-custom-data-insertion

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Noah_Beach
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

I would like to see this feature too. I have a sheet of products that are referenced by another sheet of assigned inventory locations. The barcode doesn't look through all the scan fields of the referenced table. It simply only looks through the key values of the referenced table which are auto generated in the app using unique ID. It seems you should be able to scan barcodes in a referenced table. This makes it hard to produce an inventory app like the one I am making. The only workaround is to have a column in the products table that has a spreadsheet formula using vlookup to find the barcode from the list. However this only occurs at the spreadsheet level and has to be synced to calculate.