Professional Cloud Network Engineer: Beta registration now open!

Get Google Cloud Certified or renew your certification by attempting a new beta version of the Professional Cloud Network Engineer exam! The beta version will be available to test takers for a limited time via remote online proctoring or at a Kryterion testing center. Save 40% off the catalog price of the GA (General Availability) exam, and receive exclusive Google Cloud–branded apparel for participating in the beta. The beta attempt will not count toward your total of 4 allowable exam attempts. For a detailed overview of the beta exam, please visit the Professional Cloud Network Engineer certification page.

How to Register for the Professional Cloud Network Engineer Beta Exam: 

1. Log in to your Webassessor account here and select “Register for an Exam.”
  2. Expand the “Google Cloud Certification Pilot and Beta Exams” catalog and select the “Beta: Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Network Engineer” exam.
  3. Schedule your preferred date and time to take the beta exam.
16 REPLIES 16

@racheler1 Just curious, is the swag only for the Professional Cloud Network beta exam? I saw that there's also a beta for Professional Collaboration Engineer and Professional Cloud Security Engineer. Also, do we have to pass to be eligible for the swags?

Hi @iyudhi. Great question! You're right -- we have 3 beta exams available for a limited time: Professional Cloud Network Engineer, Professional Cloud Security Engineer, and Professional Collaboration Engineer. You can earn swag by participating in any of our current beta exams, and all beta participants receive swag (pass or fail).

Thanks @racheler1 - I'm intrigued with the Professional Cloud Network Engineer since I've been doing some work with it lately. Can you suggest materials for studying purpose?

I highly recommend reviewing the beta exam guide to help prepare for this exam, which you can find on our website here and choose the second dropdown for the beta exam guide (screenshot below).

racheler1_2-1634247866709.png

@iyudhi 

In addition to learning well new services like Cross Cloud Interconnect, check out my new book.

Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Professional Cloud Network Engineer Certification Companion - Dario Cabianca - Apress June 2023

https://a.co/d/02xOdg1

@racheler1 Another follow up question, is beta questions usually overtuned (harder than regular exam)? Or is it mostly unpredictable? Also, will we be asked to provide feedback? I'm curious how the exam makers use the results of the beta test to tune the questions.

It's different for an exam that already existed vs a brand new exam.

If it was brand new, they use the beta exams to gauge what are questions that people find easy/hard so they can select the right mix for the GA version.  In this scenario I would say it generally feels harder because there isn't much study material or courses out there so it boils down to whether you have enough hands-on experience (I've done 4 betas for new exams for their first release and I've only passed 2/4).

In this particular beta, the network exam is a pre-existing one so one of the updates will be to the product name references (i.e. Stackdriver --> Operations Suite) and likely only a small portion of the exam will be brand new content.  The idea is the same though as they want to gauge which of the new questions are easy/hard.  I would say the betas are a much better for pre-existing exam.  If you don't pass the beta here you likely wouldn't have passed the GA'd version.

Personal opinion about betas: the discount feels great, but there's always that small feeling of regret because the trade-off for the discount is that the exam is twice as long so when I'm 1/2 way through the beta I'm always thinking "I could be done right now..."

Hi @racheler1 , Could I attempt Beta Network exam at free of cost?

@sahilsoni1 It's 40% off. Not free, but definitely still a pretty good deal.

Hi @sahilsoni1@iyudhi is correct -- the beta exam is 40% off the price of the GA exam. Vouchers may also be used to register for this beta. 

As exam results are several weeks after Beta ends. When does it the beta end so we can estimate when results would come? 

Not sure if it's different in beta version, but in regular exam you get an instant result right after finishing the test. Then in about a week you'll get the official result (apparently Google need to make sure the result is valid).

On Thursday 24th of January, I woke up to great news. Firstly, I’ve become GCP certified “Professional Cloud Developer” by passing my 3rd certification and 2nd beta exam. Secondly, Google announced two new beta certifications. On the same day I’ve registered for both Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Network Engineer and Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Security Engineer exams. https://bit.ly/3BU9iED

Hello @racheler1 ,

Thank you for your post. I was wondering if there is currently or planned for the future any other new BETA exam, as I've been recently checking the exams of my interest (mainly arch, sec and dev) and none of them has the possibilities. I've switched my Kryterion account from Florida to Washington in order to confirm if the site is relevant for this BETA product, but no luck.

Thank you very much!

Best regards.

Hi! The Professional Cloud Network Engineer beta exam is closed, but the GA version is available.

We have a beta exam launching for Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer next week! We'll be sharing more info here as it's available.

Hi @racheler1 ,

I recently appeared for Beta Exam: GCP Professional ML Engineer, Am I eligible for swag?

If I completed my exam today, how many days does it take to show the final marks? Could you please guide me 🙂

Top Labels in this Space