Create Reports, Downloadable as PDF or CSV & Viewable as Web Page Using Google Sheet's 'Publish' Feature

From Google Sheet menu

File>Publish to the web
Select a single sheet, or leave โ€˜entire documentโ€™ selected to convert all sheets to a web page, CSV, or PDF.

Choose CSV or PDF and the publish link will download a file.

Choose Web page and the publish link opens a view only-page of the selected table (or โ€˜entire documentโ€™).

This could be used directly on the sheets containing your app data, or on a Pivot Table containing summary data to generate reports.

NOTE ON SECURITY:
This method could expose all of your sheet data publicly. There is an option to require sign-in, but it is not checked by default.

Consider using a separate spreadsheet with IMPORTRANGE(), FILTER(), or QUERY() to isolate the data being published.

4 8 1,938
8 REPLIES 8

Thatโ€™s a pretty cool self serve data method of delivery. I dig it!

@GreenFlux Thank you very much for sharing this.
Since IMPORTRANGE() and QUERY() needs long loading time, I recommend to create a new sheet for that. Not to use the sheet that your App is using.

Yes, I agree

Can u show us a method where we can view these shared sheet or document in the appsheet app itself as a dedicated view

The easiest way would be to copy the Publish to web URL and add an action to open the webpage.

It wonโ€™t display IN the app, but it will be easy to open the web page, and click back to return to the app.

if i publish in PDF formatโ€ฆwill the link which google sheet shows remain sameโ€ฆeven if there are changes to the data in the pivot table

Yes, the link will remain the same and the published document will refresh every 5 minutes.

Okโ€ฆcoolโ€ฆthatโ€™s greatโ€ฆNo matter what document type we select to publishโ€ฆdoes it stay the same !

Top Labels in this Space