Quickly adding multiple Columns to Column order (accidental discovery)

I find when I add a lot of columns for a View, making multiple mouse clicks is annoying; but, just one Column needs to be added with the mouse, and then by immediately pressing the spacebar multiple times more will be added.

19 4 535
4 REPLIES 4

Neat trick! Makes sense because space bar actually somulates a mouse click in an html page.  

So clicking add a column make the button active, and pressing space actually clicks it.

What I'm trying to find is how to activate the expression builder popup without clicking the box.  

@JPAlpano wrote:

What I'm trying to find is how to activate the expression builder popup without clicking the box.

I haven't found a way.

Neat trick I wish I knew this an year ago...I think I've collectively wasted at least 1 day of my life just by clicking add column 1 by 1

Thilina_Wick_0-1661167019099.png

Hey there! Just to add another way of doing this:

If you set up your screen view to only see the "Add" button and not what´s above (it´s quite tricky nonetheless), you´ll then be able to do add multiple columns as well, as long as you keep clicking and don´t stop for more than 1-2 secs. 

I consider adding columns one of the most time-consuming features that definitely needs to be redefined. Just being able to have a "Bulk select panel" where we can choose which ones to display directly would be a gazillion times more efficient, I believe.

Top Labels in this Space