How can I increase space from 30GB to 130 GB for my account

Hello Everyone,

Recently, I saw my space at gaurav@ccoffice.in has reached 28GB and as a Business Started Plan, we only have 30GB of maximum storage. Earlier, we were able to increase it to 130 GB but now I am unable to do so. I do not want to upgrade from Business Starter Plan for all users just because my limit has reached close to 30GB. FYI, other users like shiriti@ccoffice.in or work@ccoffice.in already have subscribed to 130 GB space individually. It would be really great if someone could help me increase the storage of my mail to 130 GB  as well.

Further, is there a way where we can transfer other users' storage with any other user so that this issue is resolved? Thanking you in anticipation. 

Cheers!

Solved Solved
0 7 3,550
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Officially, this is no longer possible. The official path to upgrade storage is to upgrade to the Business Standard (or higher) plan, where you will get much more storage as well as pooled storage and Shared Drives. 

What you can do is reach out to Google support or to your Google sales rep, if you have one, to see if they can make another exception for you.

View solution in original post

You can ask them to upgrade one user to business standard and keep all others to starter pack.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@csgauravkumar Google has removed the ability to add storage to a single account: the only option now is to upgrade to Business Standard or higher.

A month back, someone from the Google team increased storage for work@ccoffice.in internally. I am just hoping they can do the same for gaurav@ccoffice.in else I will have to pay for all 15 Users because of one user.

Officially, this is no longer possible. The official path to upgrade storage is to upgrade to the Business Standard (or higher) plan, where you will get much more storage as well as pooled storage and Shared Drives. 

What you can do is reach out to Google support or to your Google sales rep, if you have one, to see if they can make another exception for you.

You can ask them to upgrade one user to business standard and keep all others to starter pack.

Partial domain (mixed) licensing requires a minimum number of users and a minimum % of users on the higher SKU (edition).

Furthermore, except in very rare and exceptional circumstances, I always caution organizations against partial domain (mixed) licensing as confusion will abound amongst the user base with regards to who has access to what features and capabilities, and who doesn't. This invariably breaks workflows, and makes some workflows impossible to implement organization-wide.

Just a few of many examples:

Who can record meetings?
Who can use Shared Drives?
Who can use external spaces?
Who can use document templates?
Who can submit document approvals?
Who can create appointment schedules?
Who can have meeting co-hosts or create polls?
etc

Nobody knows (except the admin)!

It is possible to have a Google Workspace with mixed Starter / Standard plans.
This allows you to minimize the costs of obtaining additional storage space.
If you have users with 1Tb extensions (99โ‚ฌ / year), it is even cheaper to switch them to the Standard plan.

Mixed plans are to be asked to your Google Workspace reseller or to your Google sales representative if you buy your solution directly from Google.

You could try transferring ownership of some of your documents to another user in order to 'share the load' of your storage requirements. 

Beyond that, I recommend upgrading to Google Workspace Business Standard which provides 68x more storage in addition to a number of other end-user benefits and administrator controls:

More: Compare business editions