Action Condition LOOKUP not responding

Hello I have the following Condition placed on my grouped action and have used it many times but its not responding. I used quotes around “Administrator” as well. Is there another way to configure this?

Thanks

0 7 269
7 REPLIES 7

Bahbus

What does it say/show when you click test for the expression?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try this instead:

"Administrator"=LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),"Users","Email","Role")

Hi Steve, this worked for the action thank you. But here’s something interesting, I used “Administrator”=LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),“Users”,“Email”,“Role”) on a form Show If as well to prevent visibility to an administrator dashboard but when I use the editor preview the non-administrator user or user not on the list can still see the dashboard - Eek! Is there an issue with Editor Preview possibly?

How do i secure this ?

For a form view?

Yes see below. I was using my Preview as option on my editor to test visibility by non-Admin users and got this view which should not have been visible. I’m starting to think the Preview As is not accurate as I changed my Role to Sales vs. Admin and saw what I expected to see with the appropriate restrictions. What are your thoughts on the Preview As functionality - reliable?

2X_f_f4a2b9ebd4e944714c4845ade44452077e8a5bf1.png

I can’t say, unfortunately. I’ve not had occasion to try it since the recent app emulator changes, and I don’t know if those emulator changes affected the behavior of Preview as.

A view’s Show if property only affects the view’s inclusion in the main menu and in the navigation bar along the bottom of the app screen. I’m not sure whether it affects a view’s display within a dashboard. It does not hide the view from direct navigation via URL in a browser, from display as a starting view, or display by an action or navigation within the app.

Where are you seeing the view that should be hidden?

I’ve never been successful with the Preview As on the emulator.

Top Labels in this Space