Aligning Table Rows in Template

Hello,

I am creating a report that will generate an email with information for students who are in a particular slice. I am using a Google Doc template to create a PDF attachment. I want to display the data such that the user receives a single table that has a header row at the top, and then a row for each student.

Here is how my template looks like right now:

When a report is generated, the column heads are repeated for each student, which is not desired. I would like to show the column headers once, and then show the information for each student.

Iโ€™ve tried a few different things. I tried this:

With this template, the email is never sent. The logs say everything was successful. But if the โ€œStartโ€ command is embedded in the table, it doesnโ€™t seem to work.

Iโ€™ve also tried this using two tables. First, a table with the headers. Then the start command, which is not inside of a table. Then the table with the data. This sort of works, but the column lengths do not match. For example, maybe the โ€œNameโ€ column is 1/10th of the width, but the matching column below that actually contains the names is 1/5th the width.

Any help or advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 2 320
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The <<Start>> and <<End>> tags and all the other tags referencing columns of the rows should occur in the same table row.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The <<Start>> and <<End>> tags and all the other tags referencing columns of the rows should occur in the same table row.

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for replying, and for the help youโ€™ve offered on all my questions (I know there are a lot!).

I feel kind of silly I didnโ€™t try that, but that makes sense!

Thank you,

Top Labels in this Space