Allow user to choose which columns will be shown in Table View?

A table have many optional fields to be filled by user. By using “Show If” I made it possible for user to select which fields he want to input and hide all other fields from Form View. But then, can I dynamically hide fields, that user selected to be not shown, from the Table View? If there’s no way to achieve this, any suggestions?
If I had only couple optional fields, I could just use couple extra Table Views to switch between them, but I have 10+ optional fields for this table.
P. S. One more question: “Quick Edit mode” for Table View allows to edit records, but there’s no way to add new record (new row) from Table View, correct?
Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 2 360
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope. The brute-force workaround is to have a view configured for every possible combination of columns, then display the view that corresponds to the user’s preference. That would be horrific to implement and maintain, though.

Correct.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope. The brute-force workaround is to have a view configured for every possible combination of columns, then display the view that corresponds to the user’s preference. That would be horrific to implement and maintain, though.

Correct.

That’s what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Thank you, Steve!
I hope AppSheet will give us more control over the interface / more flexibility in the future.

Top Labels in this Space