Am I able to assign more than one user to vie...

Am I able to assign more than one user to view a specific row of data in my data table?

e.g. I want two emails to view specific rows of data instead of just 1 email address.

I tried to separate with “,” or “;” between email addresses, but I don’t see the data now.

0 10 430
10 REPLIES 10

If I add another Email field called Captain Email2 and my security filter is: OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]), USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email],USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email2]) Would this work? Allow both emails to view that line of data?

@Tina_Cheng You expression should work. Managers will be able to see all rows, Captain\Captain2 will only see their rows.

@Tina_Cheng as your captain column is having more than one email you must use IN(USERMAIL(), Captain). Hope you get my point.

@Gil_Littman_AppSheet it doesn’t work.

I’m able to see ALL rows. My email is t_cheng@cais.org. I should only be able to see 2 rows. My name is not included in the Managers table as well. I added two columns: one for Captain email and another column for Captain email2. My email is listed in Captain email 2 for the top 2 rows and this expression doesn’t work.

@Challa_Ramakrishna Hm, sorry it doesn’t work still: OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]), USEREMAIL(),[Captain Email])?? Do I separate emails with comma in the same cell? I’m trying it this way where the emails are combined and also separated in two columns.

I’m going to re-ask my question.

The pic below is what my datafile looks likes. This is my security filter expression.

OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]), USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email],USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email2])

My email is: t_cheng@cais.org and I see ALL rows of data now even though my name is not part of the manager file. I should only see the top 2 rows of data.

The expression seems like it should work, but I’m not sure what is going on. Thank you.

@Tina_Cheng You can test your expression to understand which part returns true: In the expression editor click the ‘test’ button. Find a row that has an unexpected result (a Y instead of a N in this case), and click the blue icon on the left side to dig into the expression result. This should help you under stand what went wrong.

@Gil_Littman_AppSheet I figure out the issue. The expression was indeed correct, but the expression doesn’t like that I had a bunch of blank cells in Captain Email2, so I added none to those cells and now it works!

Thanks!

Glad to hear you figured it out! You’re welcome.

Late reply and you already got it sorted out, but how about if you make the [Captain email] column EnumList-type, add the emails there comma separated, and then check against that column with IN(useremail(), [Captain email]) function? That way it should work like you originally intended with just 1 column

Top Labels in this Space