Any way to let Action know which event triggered this Action?

Let’s say I have a separate Log table, and when something changed in one of the other tables, a new row is added to Log table, by a special action. Any way to let Action know which event triggered this Action? Maybe there’s a function like SOURCEEVENT(), or TRIGGEREDBY(), that can be used inside of Action’s formula?

And another related question: is there a way to set up Event’s formula, to managing which Action(s) should be fired? I know there’s always an option to create several Events with Condition formula, but I’m curious if there’s a way to do it with just one Event?

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 3 254
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not inherently. You’d have to put something together yourself. That said, you might find the CONTEXT() function helpful.

Nope.

See also:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not inherently. You’d have to put something together yourself. That said, you might find the CONTEXT() function helpful.

Nope.

See also:

Thank you!

Hi, I create a bot that sets a values in a transactions table similar to this, Each table in my app is then linked to this table.

I add fields of Transaction ID, Input ID (This is the key value of whichever row of data that triggered the action ), Table Name (Table the action was triggered from), Created Date, Created By, Quantity, Linked_ID (This is the value of the row that triggered the action), Transaction Function (This is the Action Name that triggered the bot ), Client ID (This just helps keep everything linked to the client/Grand Parent record)

You can set up your actions to update this table every time it is triggered technically creating a log of  action triggers.

I added a quantity so my linked app knows when a bot or action has been triggered, if you set permissions to an action that can only happen if a certain number is required say for certain months or days of the week you can easily track this data here . I'm sure there are  so many other ways to use a table like this especially someone with a little more experience than me.

This would also be beneficial in a lone working environment when these actions can determine if a person is using the app etc.

Djsp1ke_3-1702522188778.png

Djsp1ke_2-1702520742956.png

Top Labels in this Space