App acting differently on iOS vs. Android. N...

App acting differently on iOS vs. Android.

Normally this wouldn’t surprise me, but in this case it does.

So,

in a I have a spot where an action icon open a form for edit, very simple, and works as expected in Android.

Opening a referenced view (deck view layout) you’ll see the Class Name, Student Name and 2 action icons (mark present & reference link to student).

1. Clicking on the record space opens the Detail page where you’ll find the Mark Present action icon. 2) Clicking on the mark present action icon opens a form, pre filled. 3) clicking on the reference to student link opens the student record.

On iOS, when I click on the mark present icon it opens the record detail page. On Android, when I click on the mark present icon it opens the form, pre filled.

When I try to “back out” to the starting view using the BACK Arrow at the top, it passes through the editable form, asking me to “continue or discard” my changes.

anyone else seen this?

0 8 377
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

@praveen Yes sir, you read it correctly.

I had sync’d the app before use, just to make sure… and then again when I saw it was acting strange.

I’ll have to try the Safari browser next…

Problem is that I don’t have an iOS myself. The phone i was using is the clients. I’ll see him again tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

Thanks so much for the time Praveen.

Im looking into the AutoSave form element…

UPDATE

not the autosave feature… it’s turned off.

#open

If I read it correctly, the app works correctlu in a browser and on Android but not on iOS. Hmm. Could you try a couple of things:

a) perhaps you have an old version of your app on iOS — a sync would be worth doing

b) could you try running the app in Mobile Safari — does that have the correct or wrong behavior?

Im looking into the AutoSave form element…

UPDATE

not the autosave feature… it’s turned off.

#open

If I read it correctly, the app works correctlu in a browser and on Android but not on iOS. Hmm. Could you try a couple of things:

a) perhaps you have an old version of your app on iOS — a sync would be worth doing

b) could you try running the app in Mobile Safari — does that have the correct or wrong behavior?

@praveen Yes sir, you read it correctly.

I had sync’d the app before use, just to make sure… and then again when I saw it was acting strange.

I’ll have to try the Safari browser next…

Problem is that I don’t have an iOS myself. The phone i was using is the clients. I’ll see him again tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

Thanks so much for the time Praveen.

Top Labels in this Space