Apply show-if constraints everywhere except forms?

How to do please ?

Solved Solved
0 15 1,145
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks a lot to both of you. Your ideas especially helped me. The correct logical formula is therefore:

OR ( AND ( [pc_caisse]=โ€œNon conformeโ€,CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€)<>โ€œFormโ€ ) , CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€)=โ€œFormโ€)

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

LeventK
Participant V

@Palmbus_Palminfo
NOT(CONTEXT("ViewType")="Form")

Thank you, it works well in detail, but when Iโ€™m in the form, the constraint applies anyway!

@Palmbus_Palminfo
Do you want to display the column only in Form View? Please elaborate.

Permanently in the forms and conditionally in the other views.

LeventK
Participant V

Then you can simply set Show_if to FALSE for that column.

Yes, but in this case, can i impose show conditions for other views?

To hide a column in all views except forms, set the columnโ€™s Show_If to:

CONTEXT("ViewType") = "form"

To hide the column only in form views:

CONTEXT("ViewType") <> "form"

To show only in select specific views but hide in all others:

IN(CONTEXT("View"), LIST("MyTable_Form", "MyTable_Detail"))

Note the use of "View" versus "ViewType" with CONTEXT() in the above.

@Steve
Is there a reference doc for creating colored text? I have tried Markdown, BBCode or HTML but it didnโ€™t worked out other than specific tags like <pre>, <code> etc. Thnx.

The colored text happens automatically when I begin and end my sample text with three consecutive backticks (```) on a separate line. The colorizing seems inconsistent.

Thnx for the info @Steve

@Palmbus_Palminfo
You donโ€™t need to specify any condition for other views. It totally depends on selecting that column explicitly in the column order for that view i.e. Table or Detail

Thank you, itโ€™s very nice, I will try your solutions. But for example, I would like the column to always appear as a form but only if it is โ€œNot Compliantโ€ in the other views. It does not work with my next formula, which is correct. The column disappears well in the detail view but also in the form!

and([pc_caisse]=โ€œNon conformeโ€,CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€)<>โ€œFormโ€)

Try instead:

or([pc_caisse]=โ€œNon conformeโ€,CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€)=โ€œFormโ€)

Thank you. With this solution, the column disappears as soon as you select โ€œNon compliantโ€ and therefore the user can change his mind and the worst is that it appears in detail, even if it is not equal to โ€œNon conformeโ€. Something as simple as that, it makes me crazy not to do it.

Thanks a lot to both of you. Your ideas especially helped me. The correct logical formula is therefore:

OR ( AND ( [pc_caisse]=โ€œNon conformeโ€,CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€)<>โ€œFormโ€ ) , CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€)=โ€œFormโ€)

Top Labels in this Space