Automatically created Reverse Reference columns slow down the app :-(

Hi, the application automatically creates Reverse Reference columns, but at the same time it writes that it will greatly affect the speed of Synchronization. Can I turn off the generation or somehow suppress it?

Even though the columns are “not Show”, during Synchronization the Performance analyzer actually writes to me that these Computed virtual columns take a very long time Duration

Solved Solved
0 7 504
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So you need the Key-Label function of the REF column but don’t want the Related Rows column?
The work to generate the Related Rows is likely down before the column is made just in the functionality of a REF column so I don’t think this would be possible. One thing that is a possible workaround is making a virtual column that is a REF and making it blank if you don’t need the REF. Very situational but handy.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Radim_Sochor

A work around is converting them to EnumList.

But i need to use this list in many columns, and here are many vaules, and they are offten changed

Then why do you want them turned off? You can both turn them off and keep them around.

Columns data type REFerence I need.
I want to turn off only REVERSE Reference Virtual Computed Columns.

So you need the Key-Label function of the REF column but don’t want the Related Rows column?
The work to generate the Related Rows is likely down before the column is made just in the functionality of a REF column so I don’t think this would be possible. One thing that is a possible workaround is making a virtual column that is a REF and making it blank if you don’t need the REF. Very situational but handy.

Thank you

As in life, so in AppSheet - all things change.

As the years progress, features are added, functionality improved or expanded, and previous work arounds and “hacks” no longer need to be utilized.

If you’re having a problem with [Related Whatever] columns slowing down your app, switch your ref columns to an Enum (with a base-type REF).

Top Labels in this Space