Before and After values

Expression ‘([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Owner’s Name])<>([_THISROW_AFTER].[Owner’s Name])’ does not seem to produce the desired result. Can anyone comment please?

As if ([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column Name])<>([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column Name]) is not working properly through out the application.

Solved Solved
0 13 3,284
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column Name]<>[Column Name]

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Try

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column Name]<>[Column Name]

Thank you so much. So far it seems to be working fine.

As @GreenFlux correctly advised to you, before/after expression is not gonna work in showif constrain.

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column Name])<>([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column Name] , which is basic expression and usage of before/after as trigger condition, which would work in workflow setting, but it is not working in other place such as RESET ON EDIT or somewhere other. In those place where the expression does not do the job, remove [_thisrow_after]. operator, then it becomes workable.

Obviously this is a bug, I have pointed out to Appsheet dev team sometime before, but obviously the problem still persists.

Thanks @GreenFlux.

@tsuji_koichi Actually I was just testing [_THISROW_BEFORE/AFTER] as the ‘show_if’ expression because [_THISROW_BEFORE/AFTER] was not working properly as a RESETIF condition.
thanks again you both.

Yeah, logically, it wont work in SHOWIF constrain.

But i hope appsheet team will fix this bug sometime soon.

Will see.

yes it should be corrected as soon as possible. otherwise a lot of time can be wasted in figuring out the root cause.

Indeed, yeah, i lost plenty of hours before to find this “trick”…

AND
(
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Owner’s Name]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Owner’s Name],
[Generate PDF]=“Yes”
)

Before:
3X_7_0_70c86f87b6449a7ffbe75048ef739075de60b3cc.png

After:
3X_8_b_8bd9594f3a6629950e48903333852c04884c366c.png

But:

@tsuji_koichi @GreenFlux

Hello. I have tried this but the workflow is still not working. It triggers two types of workflow with different conditions.

I used one action which is named "close item". The close item sets the [STANDING] column to "CLOSE", and updates the [PRINT COUNT] with ([PRINT COUNT] + 1). Supposedly, when the value of the column [PRINT COUNT] changes, it should trigger the workflow of having to download a generated PDF File (Billing Invoice). But, this action also affects a workflow in which updating a different column ([QUOTE COUNT]) would generate another document (Quotation). So basically, I just want to download the Billing Invoice without having to download the Quotation.

The conditions:

Generate Billing Invoice >>> [_THIS_BEFORE].[PRINT COUNT] <> [_THIS_AFTER].[PRINT COUNT] / [_THIS_BEFORE].[PRINT COUNT] <> [PRINT COUNT]

Generate Quotation >>> [_THIS_BEFORE].[QUOTE COUNT] <> [_THIS_AFTER].[QUOTE COUNT] / [_THIS_BEFORE].[QUOTE COUNT] <> [QUOTE COUNT]

That’s the Show_If expression. I don’t think you can use [_THISROW_BEFORE/AFTER] with Show_If.

Usually, [_THISROW_BEFORE/AFTER] is used in Workflow conditions. It checks the values before/after a row edit.

Show_If is used to determine if that column should be displayed.

What is it you’re trying to do?

Do you want to hide the Generate PDF column until there’s a value entered for [Owner's Name]?
If so, try this:
Show_If: ISNOTBLANK([Owner's Name])

Hello Everyone, 

I have added the condition of [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Credit Limit]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Credit Limit] in the bot under condition in case of "update only". But the workflow is getting triggered after every update. 

Have also tried using [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Credit Limit]<>[Credit Limit], but that doesn't work either. 

Would really appreciate your help.

Regards, 

@Utsav_Chhawchha I also encountered the similar problem and it seems to occur when both before and after values are empty, so I managed to solve it by adding "ISNOTBLANK" function to the condition. For your case, you could try:

AND(
  OR(
    ISNOTBLANK([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Credit Limit]),
    ISNOTBLANK([_THISROW_AFTER].[Credit Limit])
  ),
  [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Credit Limit] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Credit Limit]
)

Hope it helps!

Top Labels in this Space