Creating report from a slice

Hi,

I am just looking for a general guide of creating an email report from a table slice using the new bot/process/task system. I have the email portion set up, however when I go to run the reports, the reports are empty. Any thoughts?

0 10 1,231
10 REPLIES 10

Thank you for this. I appreciate it

Hi

Iโ€™ve tried for weeks to try to create a bot that sends a report for a slice at 5 am everyday and have had no luck. I have built a task and have built a process for the task, however the bot doesnโ€™t accept the slice as a valid configuration. Any assistance?

You setup the Bot for the base Table, then you reference the Slice in your reportโ€™s template, using a START expression.

So Here is my template for this report

what am I doing wrong. The slice is at the start expression, then the columns I want on the report, then an end expression, yet it is not executing.

Security Actions For Nampa OK MHP

<<Start:Nampa OK MHP>>

Property: <<[Properties].[Name]>>
Patrol Action: <<[Patrol Action].[Action]>>
Time: <<[Time]>>
Tech: <<[Tech]>>

<>

START expressions require a List of key values. You just put the slice name, thatโ€™s not enough, add in the key column.
<<START:Nampa OK MHP[key-column]>>

So?

I just told you how you had to change your template from your previous post, did you try that?

Iโ€™d suggest you review the help article on start expressions again.

Iโ€™ve added key column to the top of the template and it sends every record on the security table not just the slice I want. Also wanted to add Iโ€™ve reviewed the document several times and I am still unsure as to why it isnโ€™t performing the action I want.

Iโ€™ve set the bot, event, process and tasks to Security (Base Table). Iโ€™ve then used your suggestion to create an email template:

<<START: Nampa OK MHP[Key]>>
Property: <<[Properties]>>
Patrol Action: <<[Patrol Action]>>
Time: <<[Time]>>
Tech: <<[Tech]>>
<>

If you are done helping let me know and Iโ€™ll ask in then general forum again. no sense asking twice.

What is your sliceโ€™s row filter condition ?

I set it to [Properties] = โ€œNampa OK MHPโ€ and the result was what I wanted. Thank you for your help and patience.

Top Labels in this Space